Turning off a computer remotely is very much useful and helpful, especially when you haveÂ two or more computers at your home and you like to manage and control them remotely.Shutting down a remote computer also lets you impress your friends and colleagues with your computer skills or you can also try it as a prank on your friends and colleagues. Well, shutting down a computer remotely is not a very difficult task to do and also does not requires you
to be a computer nerd or expert. But first youÂ mustÂ have to learn the appropriate method to remote shutdown a computerÂ or else you will be getting an error constantly which can drive you crazy. So, today I have created this tutorial in which I will be showing you that how you can easily and quickly remote shutdown a computer which is on your network connection. Remember that this method only works with Windows operating system. So, without wasting much of your valuable time, letâ€™s get started with our tutorial.
Learn-How To Remote Shutdown A Computer
So, if you want to remotely shutdown a computer on your network then follow the below given steps.
- First of all, you have to open up the Command Prompt. To do so, click on Start button and then typeCMD in the search box and hit Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, you have to type net view and then hit Enter key.
- Then, you will see a listÂ of the computers which are connected on your network connection. Simply chooseÂ any one of the computer which you want to remote shutdown and also remember its complete name.
- After that, just typeÂ shutdown -m \\nameofpc (For example, shutdown -m \\Home-PC)Â and then hitEnter key.Â
- Thatâ€™s it! You are done! Now, your targeted computer will be shutdown.
So, this was all about how to remote shutdown a computer on your network. I hope that now you will be able toÂ remotely shutdown a computer on your network connection without any sort of problems. If you have any type of queries regarding this tutorial then do let us know, we will try our best to resolve them. While in the meantime, if youâ€™d like this tutorial then donâ€™t forget to share this with your friends and social circles too.