How to Transfer iMessage Conversation from one Mac to another.:Â Have you bought a new Mac or switched to another Mac OS X? And you want to transfer iMessage conversation as well so that you can keep the record of your all chat.
So, today I am writing an article which will help you to transfer iMessage conversation from one Mac to another. You can come across in the need of this trick in order to keep the record of your all conversation.
I am sure that you must not want to lose any private or confidential chats just because of shifting to another Mac. That is why I am writing this article to make you guys acquaint with the process of doing that.
Transfer iMessage Conversation from one Mac to Another
iMessage has become very much popular and continuing to spread day-by-day; therefore, it is very much necessary for you to keep the record of your all messages even youâ€™ve switched your Mac. And to do that you need to follow
Steps # Transfer iMessage Conversation from one Mac to another
- First of all, Open iMessage on your Mac and head towards Messages.
- Now click on Preferences then make sure that Save history when conversations are closed option is checked mark.
- Then click on Go from the top menu of your Make then click on Go to Folderâ€¦
- After that, you will have a search bar and you need to paste ~/Library there and click on Go.
- Now you will have different folders, you need to copy Messages folder from there and paste it on your USB or any cloud service i.e; Dropbox.
Ensure that iMessage is closed. Afterwards, get towards your new Mac and head towards ~/Library on your new mac and then replace the existing Messages folder with copied Messages folder.
This was our article which has made you learn to transfer iMessage conversation from one Mac to another. If you have any queries left related to this article then lend them in the comment box. I shall get back to your queries as soon as possible.
Was it helpful? If it was then donâ€™t forget to share this article with others too, you may never know that your share may be proven helpful for many of the users out there. So keep sharing and keep spreading.