Well, as you all know about command prompt and its functions. So, today I have an amazing trick that will let you delete your files using CMD. Well, that might sounds amazing and cool, especially when you want to impress someone with your computer skills.
So, if you want to delete files using CMD but donâ€™t know how to do it? Then, donâ€™t worry because today I will show you that how you can easily delete files using CMD on your Windows PC. So, without wasting much of your valuable time, letâ€™s get started with our tutorial.
Read Also:Â How much money can you earn on the site?
Learn-How To Delete Files Using CMD
So, if you want to delete files using CMD on your Windows PC then follow the below given steps.
- First of all, click on Start button and then type CMD in the Start search bar and hit Enter key. Or if you are using Windows XP then just press Windows + R key on your keyboard and then type CMD in the Runcommand search box. Then, hit Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, type del and then type the name of the file that you want to delete and remember to enter the complete file name with extension. For example: del GTA IV.exe
- So, if you donâ€™t know the extension of the file that you donâ€™t want to delete then simply enter the file name in the search bar of your Windows and then right-click on that file and then go to Properties. Now, in the new dialog box, you will see the complete name of that file and it would be like thisC:\yourfilename.txt
- You can also enter the full location of the file that you want to delete. For example C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\ del Gta IV.exe
- Remember to add del first before typing the name of the file that you want to delete.
- Thatâ€™s it! You are done!
So, this was all about how to delete files using CMD. I hope that now you will be able to easily delete files using CMD on your Windows PC. If you have any type of queries regarding this tutorial then do let us know, we will try our best to resolve them. And plus, if youâ€™d like this tutorial then donâ€™t forget to share this with your friends and social circles too.
Note: if you want to update every latest post regarding your specialty please subscriber our services you can see subscribe bar on http://www.dostifun.com on the center,