There are many times when your Mac computer just hangs up or takes a lot of time to be opened completely. That’s just because of the drivers, plugins and programs that are automatically loaded when you start up your Mac computer.
So, if your Mac computer hangs up or takes time during the start up then don’t worry because you can easily fix it by disabling some unwanted or unused programs on the start up. So, today I have created this tutorial in which I will be showing you that how you can easily disable startup programs on your Mac OS X. Disabling startup programs is very much easy and simple and only takes a couple of seconds. By disabling unwanted programs you will notice a good difference in your Mac’s speed and performance. So, without wasting much of your time, let’s get started with our tutorial.
Learn-How To Disable Startup Programs
So, if you want to disable startup programs on your Mac OS X then follow the below given steps.
- First of all, open up your Mac OS X computer.
- After that, click on the small Apple icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- Then, a drop-down menu will appear in which you have to click on System Preferences option.
- Now, in the System Preferences window, click on the Accounts option in the System section.
- After that, click on the Login Items, it will be present beside the Password tab.
- Now, simply select any program or application that you don’t want to be launched at startup and then click on the little “–” icon under the application selection box.
- That’s it! You are done! Now, you have successfully disabled startup programs on your Mac OS X system.
Must Check: How to Change Lock Screen Wallpaper on Mac OS X
So, this was all about how to disable startup programs on Mac OS X. I hope that now you will be able to remove startup programs or applications on your Mac OS X without any type of difficulties or problems. If you have any sort of queries regarding this tutorial then do let us know, we will try our best to resolve them. While in the meantime, if you like this tutorial and find this tutorial useful and informative then don’t forget to share this with your friends and social circles too.