The Android apps have become more popular among the users, due to its endless variety and quality. The users want to enjoy these apps on every platform of their. The ATT, has shared many guides with you to install Android apps on your Windows PC and Mac
Therefore, keeping the same trend on, we are going to share another guide with you guys, which will make you learn that, “How to Install Android Apps on Ubuntu 32 and 64 Bits?” This guide is going to be little tricky and technical as it belongs to Linux which not much easy to operate. So, we would recommend you to apply these steps if you are familiar with Linux and its command sections. The ATT team tried its best to make this guide as simple as it could be, just for the convenience of you people.
Learn-How to Install Android Apps on Ubuntu
So, here are the steps which are supposed to be followed you guys in order to install Android apps on Ubuntu. The steps are little technical and confusing, but we’ve tried our best to make them simple. If you are very much comfortable with Linux OS then you can easily go through these steps, otherwise you won’t. Now, without taking your time, get to the below steps friends.
Installing ARChon on Chrome and Setting Commands
- First of all, Download Google Chrome version 37 or higher on your Linux.
- Afterwards, you need to download Android Runtime on your Linux, it works on desktop browsers. These links which are given for ARChone are from GitHub’s side.
- Ones the Android Runtime (ARChon) is downloaded, you need to extract it and move it to ~/Homedirectory. Then leave that file there and move towards the below step.
- Now, you need to open Google Chrome and Click on Settings button of chrome (Hamburger Icon) and then from the drop-down menu and Click on More Tools and then Click on Extensions.
- Afterwards, Check mark then Developer Mode option and then you will have some more options there. You need to Click on Load Unpacked Extensions.
- Then you it’ll ask you to browse the file. You need to select the ARChon file from where you’ve placed it~/Home
- Now, this was about Runtime, you need to follow some more steps to install and run Android apps on your Ubuntu which are mentioned below:
- First of all, Open terminal and run the following node-js command with respect to your Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install npm nodejs nodejs-legacy
For Ubuntu 64Bits
sudo apt-get lib32stdc++6
- Now, to install Chromeos.apk you need to enter the following command in terminal
sudo npm install -g chromeos-apk@latest
Installing APK File
Now, you need to install APK file for you Linux. You can search for APK file in Google, it could be any Android app in .apk format. You can easily find them on Google search. Ones you have downloaded it, simply move to the approachable directory or folder. Then you need to move towards the below piece.
- Converting APK File
You are half way done till now. Now, you need to convert the APK file to Play Android apps on your Ubuntu. Now, apply the rest steps to make it workable for you selves.
- First of all, Open the Terminal and CD into the directory or folder where the APK file is located or saved.
- Then you need to run the following commands
chromeos-apk nameofapkfile.apk –archon –tablet
- Now, your APK file is successfully converted on the same location.
Running Android App
Now, this is the final phase of this tutorial where finally, you are going to run Android app on your Ubuntu. You are almost done with it. So, to run your favorite Android app on your Linux. You need to follow these few steps:
Now, apply the exact same steps for installing Android app on Chrome, which you have applied to install ARChon on chrome. I have over viewed those steps below
Go to Chrome >> Settings >> More Tools >> Extensions >> Check mark Developer Mode >> Load Unpacked Extensions >> Browse the converted APK file from the same location of APK file >> This was it!
Congratulations! You are done with it.
This was our complete guide to install Android apps on Linux. We are sure that this guide would have been proven helpful for many of the users out there. Additionally, your all confusions and concerns related to this have been removed now. If you have any kind of queries or confusions left related to this guide then do let us know. We shall get back to your queries and questions as soon as possible. Till then don’t forget to share this guide with your other friends and circle too. You may never know that your share may be proven helpful for many of the users out there. So, keep sharing and liking our content over social media.
How to Install Android Apps on Linux Ubuntu 32 & 64 Bits