How to Sync your Mac Folders to Dropbox : Today we are here to share you about most important think,do you wanna Sync you mac folder to Dropbox so i have solution for you toÂ We may come across in the need of this trick for transferring your Mac folders and files to Dropbox.
So,The syncing means that your files will be accessible on both dropbox and Mac. For example if you are not near to your Mac and want to access any important folder of yours from other PC then you may use Dropbox to access your that important file, isnâ€™t it cool?
Sync Mac Folders to Dropbox
You can just follow these steps for sync Mac folders to dropbox,below
- First of all, Download Dropbox app on your Mac using this Link.
- Ones it is downloaded then Install it on your Mac OS X and then Open Terminal on your Mac.
- Now in Terminal type the following command and hit return/enter;
- Then youâ€™ll see a new command line on your Terminal that would be something like this; Your-Computer-Name:Dropbox YourUserName$
- After that, type this command ln -s ~/FolderNameHere and hit return on your mac, it will create your symbolic link. Donâ€™t forget to replace FolderNameHere with your folder name.
- Then type this command ln -s ~/Desktop and hit return and it will create symlink to your desktop and to create symlink to your Document folder, type this command ln -s ~/Documents
- Additionally, if you want to create symlink for any other path then use this command; ln -s ~/FilePathGoesHere and donâ€™t forget to replace FilePathGoesHere with the location. In addition to, if you want to create Symlink for any file with space between its name then you need to put backslash in spite of using space.
- Then Dropbox will automatically start uploading your symlinked folder and will start syncing.
So, this was our guide related to syncing your Mac folders to dropbox. If you have any kind of queries left related to this article then lend your queries in the comment box. I shall get back to your queries as soon as possible.do not forget to share this article to your friend specially in social media,