Every one loves downloading files from Internet, Some people simply host the files on their hosting and share the link with public.And some people instead of allowing public to download the files directly they want to password protect the files.And password protecting the files is also a good idea to stop bots from downloading your files. What ever the reason may be, If you want to password protect the downloadable files on your WordPress site, Then you are on the right post. Here in this post we are going to show you how you can track and password protect the Downloads on your WordPress site.
Password Protect Download Files on WordPress – Tricks And tip – DOSTIFUN
WordPress has inbuilt password protection feature, This feature can be only used to password prtoect the posts and pages.So we are going to make use of the plugins to protect the files.
Password Protect with Simple Download Monitor:
You can get this plugin directly from WordPress repository.
Installing Simple Download Monitor:-
- Open your WordPress Dashboard and open the plugins menu.and click on the Add new Sub menu
- Now in the search box enter simple Download Monitor and hit on search button.
- Now from the results find the plugin made by TipsandTricks-Hq and click on Install
- That’s it you have completed installing the plugin on your site. Now jump to next to configure password protected file.
Configuring the Simple Download Monitor:-
- Now click on the Downloads Menu and click on Add New
- Now fill the details of your file you want to protect.
- After completion of Giving the details about the file change the visibility to Password Protected as shown in below image and click on Ok.
- Now Open the post where you want to insert the download with the short code provided while adding new download in tha above step.
- You can also add the short code directly into any post or page from the visual editor..(SDM option).
And you can also track the number of downloads of the file.That’s it how you can protect your files with password.