How To Reset Or Change Admin Password Using CMD.: Command Prompt is one of the best and simplest tool present in Windows. It allows you to do many amazing things like showing the complete information about your system and batch programming, which gives you the ability to create your own programs and this is the main reason that is why it is being used all over the world.
How To Reset Or Change Admin Password Using CMD
If you have lost or forgotten your user account password and you can’t access your computer then you might think to install a new OS, which takes a lot of your time and you probably don’t want to do that. Well, if you want to reset or change your password without installing a new OS or restoring your computer then don’t worry because today I have created this tutorial in which I will teach you that how you can easily reset or change admin password using the Command Prompt. By using Command Prompt, you will be able to easily and quickly reset your password. So, without wasting much of your valuable time, let’s get started with our tutorial.
Must Check: How To Remove Computer Viruses Using CMD 2016
- First of all, start your computer in Safe Mode, you can do this if you don’t have access to your computer and want to reset your password. And if you only want to change your admin password then proceed to the next step.
- Then, click on Start button and then type CMD in the Start search bar. Or simply press Windows + R keys and then type CMD in the Run command search box.
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, type net user and then hit Enter key.
- After that, you will see a list of user accounts. Now, choose the account for which you want to reset or change the password.
- Now, type net user account name * (Replace the account name with the one which you selected) and then hit Enter key.
- Then, type a new password for your account and be careful while typing the new password.
- Now, retype the password again, it is just for confirmation. Then, simply press Enter key on your keyboard
- That’s it!
Read Also: How To Format Pendrive Using CMD
So,How To Reset Or Change Admin Password Using CMD with this procedure you can easily change or reset password. Share it with friends Facebook