Due to end of support deadline for Windows XP, suddenly there is a spur in the market to update Windows to either Windows 7 or Windows 8. However, the concerns of end of support and software availability have caused issues for those who were comfortable working with much easier version of Windows called as Windows XP. Also there are other issues that some primitive software is still not compatible with Windows 7 or Windows 8 versions. In such situations, fortunately people have options to choose virtualization. With the help of virtualization, one can run Windows XP on Windows 7 or Windows 8 machine with needing a new hard disk or hardware for new machine. Also you don’t have to worry about end of support and security issues in the XP version.
The procedure which are supposed to be applied in order to run Windows XP on Windows 7 is quiet simple and easy. You are supposed to read out the below piece of writing in order to make it work for you guys. Now, without taking much time of yours, you are requested to get towards the below steps.
- Must Check: How To Download Facebook Videos Easily
How to Run Windows XP on Windows 7 using Virtual Machine
Make sure that you have completed the below prerequisites to install Windows XP.
- Download and Install Oracle Virtual Box or VMware from the open source website.
- Make sure that you have at least 20 GB hard disk free on your System.
- Ensure that you have 4 GB system RAM and 1 GB RAM Available for free to be utilized by Windows XP Virtual Machine.
Steps to Install and Run Windows XP on Windows 7 Using Virtual Machine
Here are few steps that will allow you to install Windows XP on Windows 7 system using virtual machine setup. Follow each and every step with utmost care in order to avoid any kind of error which may take place while applying wrong steps:
- Open Oracle Virtual Box or VMware virtual machine
- Create a New Virtual Machine by clicking on “New“. Here you need set name of the machine and also select Windows XP version. You can either select 32 bit or 64 bit machine depending on your system Hardware.
- Now select RAM for the Windows XP machine (Note whatever RAM size you choose would be utilized from your system RAM). For Windows XP, you can choose 1024 MB but keep in mind that don’t give excessive RAM as it may slow down your system performance.
- Choose Hard Drive File type, here you have six options like VDI, VMDK, VHD, HDD, QED, and QCOW. Select VDI as default.
- Now set the size of Virtual Hard Disk in MB. The size taken up would be utilized from your C Drive of Windows 7. Remember set up a preferred size by keeping in mind the available size of in C Drive.
- Now you need to select the Start Up disk. Now in this Step you need to have an ISO image or CD/DVD of Windows XP to select as a boot device from which W Windows XP could be installed.
- After selecting the iso/DVD, the system will boot from Xp and you need to follow the installation process. Just click on the screen and fill the basic info it prompts for. Once the restart has been given, it will take only few minutes to install this and you once installation is complete, you will see a small version of Windows XP desktop in the VM list.
Setting up a virtual machine isn’t very complicated; it only requires few steps mentioned above to be followed properly to install and run Windows XP on Windows 7 using Virtual machine. If you have any kind of question or confusion left then do let us know. We shall get back to your queries and questions as soon as possible. Till then don’t forget to share this guide with your other friends and circle too.