Setup Google Adsense Search To Show Result Within Your website/blog : Google Adsense is one of the best way to monetize your blog. For any bloggers one can easily add Text ads, link ads and Adsense for search. Adsense for search helps to boost your earning and at the top of it, it helps your readers to find content on your blog. Even if you are not using Adsense for search, you should have a search box on your blog to make sure that your readers can search for content within your blog. More over showing search results within your blog will help to lower down bounce rate.
- Within Blog page
- On Google page
In order to retain the visitor on your blog and lower down the bounce rate, it’s a good advice to show the search result within your blog. In this tutorial I will be sharing how you can create Adsense for search and show the results within your blog page.
You can earn money with Google Adsense for Search then why not Migrate to it? Wanna migrate? Huh! Read this tutorial! I know, most you will know about Google Adsense for search but it’s not bad to let people know who don’t know that they are loosing a handsome amount of money from their search results.
MUST READ : 10 tips to inhance Adsense CPC TRICKS AND TIPS – DOSTIFUN
In this tutorial, I will be using New Adsense interface as an example and if you still using, you can click on “Try the new Adsense interface” top right to get into new Adsense dashboard.
3) In “What to Search”, select “Only Sites I select” and write the complete URLs (Including http://) of the sites you want to search. You may only add your site to show results from your blog/site.
4) In “Search Results and Ad location”, scroll to “Search Results” and select “On my website using an iframe”.
5) Now login to WordPress dashboard and create a new WordPress page. This page will be the place where the search results would be shown. It’s better to create a page name with “Search” and don’t forget to use noindex tag for that page. So lets assume your page name is domain.com/search
6) So in above image, in URL Field, you will be adding http://domain.com/search. Replacing domain name with your actual domain name.
7) Click on “Save and get code”. You will get 2 codes. The 1st code is for displaying the search box and the 2nd one is to be added in the page where you will like to show the search results i.e the page you create in 5th step.
8 ) Open your WordPress Dashboard and open html editor of the page you created in 5th step. Paste the 2nd Adsense you got in previous step.
9) Create a text widget and paste the 1st Adsense code.
10) All is well! You are done, Start earing from Search results.
[*] If your search box is looking big, find “size=” in the 1st Adsense code and set its value to lesser amount.
Many Adsense publishers claimed that search box helps them to generate a good revenue. You can always configure ad placement for search while configuring the ad or edit the already created channel from dashboard.
Do let us know if you are using Adsense for search and are you showing search result on your blog page or you letting your readers to move away from your blog?